The Event Reporting module is a component of Medgate’s Safety Software Suite and is tightly integrated with Medgate’s Incident Management module. This standalone module is used to provide supervisors, managers, clinics, or field employees the ability to quickly record and report safety events without accessing the full Medgate system.
Key Benefits of the Event Reporting Module
The Event Reporting module enables you to:
- Support broad workforce participation by allowing thousands of non-Medgate users to submit events using simple standalone links (no login required to submit)
- Rapidly gather pertinent information from your workforce on events, incidents, suggestions, or observations
- Increase speed of data sharing by automatically notifying all relevant parties (supervisors, EHS, etc.) when an event report is submitted
The event reporting module will help you improve, accelerate, and streamline the reporting of incidents and events within your organization.
The features of the Event Reporting module are grouped as follows:
- Allow employees to submit an event to the Medgate system using a simple online form via a kiosk or workstation. The event submitter will not have access to any other data in the application
- Report on different types of events:
- Property Damage
- Near Miss
- Configure a unique event reporting form or screen for each type of event, prompting the submitter to enter only the relevant data
- Capture detailed information on the event that can include employees involved, location (including coordinates, if available), description, witnesses, date/time, part of body affected (for injury/illness), etc.
- Allow the event submitter to attach documents/pictures and suggest actions
- Trigger automatic email notifications to any and all relevant parties within your organization (e.g., safety manager) once the event report has been saved and submitted
- View and review all events reported through the standalone event reporting module through one central access point
- Post an event to the Incident Management module once it is has been reviewed and validated. You can post to an existing incident report or create a new one. If you are creating a new incident report, the following will happen:
- The original event report will be read-only
- The incident report fields in the Incident Management module will be auto-populated with the relevant data, so you can efficiently complete the record
- Once the event has been posted, you can launch a comprehensive incident investigation process through the Incident Management module
- Tally any non-incident events (e.g., # of observations by area) using Medgate’s Metrics tools
- Manipulate event reporting data and build graphs using Medgate’s Metrics tools
The Event Reporting module is part of both the Medgate Safety and Environmental Software Suites, but is configured differently to respond to the unique data collection needs of each area. In the Safety Software Suite, it integrates with the following: