The Safety Incident Management software module is a cornerstone of Medgate’s Safety Software Suite. Developed and enhanced by safety professionals with field experience, it is powerful incident software that enables organizations to collect comprehensive incident data, create an accurate picture of the event, identify root causes and learning points, implement corrective actions, and ensure proper incident notification up the chain of command. It provides EHS professionals a complete EHS incident management software solution.
Key Benefits of the Incident Management Software Module
This module will enable organizations to:
- Streamline safety incident reporting and investigation workflow and build a consistent process across sites, business units, and/or countries.
- Improve and accelerate information sharing between medical staff, case managers, safety professionals, supervisors, and managers.
- Promote data integrity and regulatory compliance with complete, comprehensive, accurate, and secure incident reports and investigations.
- Leverage preventive action software tools to prevent similar incidents from happening again.
- Use Medgate’s Business Intelligence tools to track safety performance and identify root causes, risks, hazards, and trends so you can prioritize efforts and make impactful changes.
- Streamline claims management with auto-generation of regulatory forms and logs.
- Support adherence to safety management system standards.
This module includes many invaluable features that will help you quickly and effectively realize the benefits described above. The features fall into 6 groups:
- Medgate’s safety incident reporting software captures data for any type of safety event:
- Safety incidents resulting in injury or illness
- Property damage
- Any other type of loss or event that your company wishes to capture
- You can begin the incident workflow from several modules within the Medgate system:
- Event reporting (an employee or supervisor reports an event)
- Clinic visit (an employee visits the medical clinic because he/she is sick or injured)
- Audiometric testing (the clinic has identified hearing loss)
- Body fluid exposures (the clinic has identified an exposure)
- Case management
- Within the Safety Incident Management module itself (for companies not using event reporting or for non-injury/illness events)
- The incident investigation workflow can be automatically started upon submission of an incident.
- Automatically notify any and all relevant parties (H&S staff, managers, etc) once an incident report has been filed
- Send incident summary reports to any designated parties within the organization
- Simplify regulatory form completion with auto-population of pertinent incident data. Standard forms include (but aren’t limited to) the employers’ first report of injury for any state or province (e.g., Form 7) and federal forms such as the OSHA 301 log in the U.S. and the RIDDOR form in the U.K.
- Collect various incident data and consolidate in one main incident record:
- Witness statements and contact information
- Location information (including coordinates, if available)
- Photos of the scene or incident
- Any documents related to the event
- Information collected using company-specific questionnaires/checklists
- Any associated environmental data
- Attach any and all related event reports that have been filed by employees using the Event Reporting module
- View risk assessments relating to the incident in order to gather valuable lessons-learned data for the job in question within the incident record
- Classify/categorize the incident according to your standards with numerous user-defined fields
- Configure and follow an investigation completion and approval workflow according to your company process
- Use a decision tree model for easy visualization of ‘5 Why’ root cause analysis. With this non-linear method of root cause analysis, you can:
- Track multiple reasons and sub-reasons as to why the event may have occurred
- Select the most fitting underlying cause to include on the incident record
- Once you are satisfied with the data you’ve collected, you can begin the approval process; your decision tree will be stored on the record for future review if needed
- Streamline incident approval workflow and action assignment, ensuring that the incident approval process is complete and accurate:
- Trigger an automated investigation workflow/approval escalation process that moves through the appropriate chain of command for the employee(s) involved.
- Automatically generate and send assignment emails containing pertinent incident information and a standalone link that allows the assignee to access and update the incident record.
- Configure reminders to run at different frequencies before and after the activity due date.
- Maintain a history of incident approvals/rejections along with approver comments.
- Seamlessly connect actions to findings, using preventive action software to automatically trigger your action workflow when a specified finding is recorded.
- Manage incident and other safety-related findings and actions in the Findings & Actions module for quick access to all active actions.
Medgate’s comprehensive Business Intelligence tools will empower you with meaningful data. You’ll be able to analyze incident data, track safety performance, and identify trends, hazards, and root causes.
- Provides three powerful, incident reporting options that enable you to visualize your progress and performance:
- Flexible canned reports that allow you to run common H&S metrics with multiple filtering options
- A robust Report Writer for generating simple or complex reports on any data in the system
- A versatile Data Cube that offers drag and drop functionality and allows you to see multi-dimensional metrics with limitless possibilities
- Allows you to post your most important reports to your safety dashboard