Cority (formerly Medgate) enables organizations to utilize environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) software to advance their journey to sustainability and operational excellence. Cority combines the deepest domain expertise with the most comprehensive and secure SaaS platform. With 30+ years of innovation and experience, Cority’s team of 250 experts serve more than 800 clients in 70 countries, supporting millions of end users. The company enjoys the industry’s highest levels of client satisfaction and has received many awards for its strong employee culture and outstanding business performance.
About the Cority Name
Starting with cor-, or heart in Latin, and sharing elements with values that define us – Integrity, Quality, Customer Centricity, Community, Diversity – Cority embodies our unshakable foundation of expertise, professionalism and caring.
Cority stands for our promise to embrace the core values our company was built upon and uphold our unwavering commitment to customers.
Mark Wallace Bio
President and CEO
As President and CEO of Cority (formerly Medgate), Mark Wallace is responsible for the operations, management and performance of a rapidly evolving company in a dynamic sector.
Since assuming this position in 2003, Mark has grown the company’s revenues, employees and customer base dramatically. The company now serves over 800 global clients including GM, Ford, General Electric, Pfizer Canada, Merck, NASA, CITGO, DuPont, Bayer, the United Nations and many other well-known organizations.
When Mark took over 14 years ago, Cority was losing money. The company has been profitable every quarter since and has enjoyed an especially high profit margin each of the past ten years. In fact, Cority has grown at a rate of at over 30 percent over the last four years thanks to Mark’s leadership.
Prior to joining Cority, Mark was President of ADB Systems International Ltd., a software and services company publicly listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Before that, Mark was Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary and a member of the executive management team of AT&T Canada Corp., a national telecommunications service provider now known as MTS Allstream.
Mark is a graduate of St. Francis Xavier University and the University of Victoria and is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada. He has served on Boards for the Toronto Kiwanis Boys and Girls Club and St. Francis Xavier University.
Other highlights of Mark’s distinguished career include:
– Made significant personal donations to help fund a St. Francis Xavier University student scholarship for the Wallace Family Entrepreneurship Fund.
– Served as Chair of the Board of Governors of St. Francis Xavier University from 2013-2017.
– As a member of the Board of Directors of the Toronto Kiwanis Boys and Girls Club, oversaw the construction of a new club-house for the children of the Regent Park area.
– Served as co-chair of the “Capital Campaign,” that raised $16 million for a new building for the Coady International Institute. Established by St. Francis Xavier University in 1959, the Coady International Institute is a world-renowned center of excellence in community-based development and leadership education for community leaders from developing nations and from First Nations in Canada.
– Was a Member of Board of Directors of the Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Toronto from 1994-2000.
– Served on the Board of Directors for AceTech Ontario.
– Offers frequent career mentoring for university students and recent graduates.