Medgate’s ISO 27001:2015-certified Software as a Service (SaaS) solution provides clients with all the features and functionality of Medgate’s web-based software but hosted by Medgate at its reliable, secure, cost-effective data centers. This allows customers to focus on Health and Safety business needs, not IT, and avoid the costs of installing, managing and maintaining a software environment.
Here are the key ways you’ll benefit from a SaaS implementation of Medgate’s EHS Software:
- Medgate SaaS clients have uninterrupted access to the software hosted at Medgate’s reliable and secure data centers from anywhere, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with a 99.5%+ uptime
- By eliminating or significantly reducing internal IT support, you’ll be cutting costs and allowing your IT team to focus on projects important to your core business
- You’ll save big on your IT budget by avoiding the hefty hardware purchases and software licenses for operating systems, databases, etc., that are related with new software implementations
- All upgrades can be made seamlessly right to the application server, ultimately making Medgate’s hosted solution cheaper to deploy and maintain
- Minimal internal IT support necessary
- Windows Azure customers can easily integrate Medgate into their cloud computing practices
- Medgate manages all installation & maintenance
- Medgate-hosted sites can be up and ready for implementation within a very short time frame
- Getting started is easy: open the unique Medgate internet link you’ll receive via email with an internet browser, sign-in with your assigned ID and password, and you’re ready to use the system
- The choice for organizations that are looking to simplify their operations and save their IT resources
We have two solution platforms for software and application hosting:
- Sungard Availability Services: The Medgate-Sungard data centers are highly secure, redundant, Tier III, SAS 70 certified facilities. Medgate maintains full responsibility for the maintenance of hardware, software, and internet connections at our data center to ensure that our clients can rely on excellent performance.
- Windows Azure: Through its strategic alliance with Microsoft Corporation, the Medgate EHS software application can be hosted for clients on the Windows Azure cloud computing environment. Windows Azure is a cloud services operating system that serves as the development, service hosting and service management environment for the Windows Azure platform. Windows Azure provides Medgate’s developers with on-demand compute and storage to host, scale, and manage the Medgate EHS application on the Internet through Microsoft’s global, fully redundant, ISO 27001 and SAS 70 certified datacenters. Medgate maintains full responsibility for the software and its performance.
- You, the client, own your data; Medgate is simply the caretaker of that data
- Medgate does not use your data in any way and only has access for support & maintenance purposes
- Data is encrypted through the internet using SSL, and back-up data is also encrypted and stored off-site in a secure environment at Recall
- Clients have the ability to control which Medgate support staff have access to their system using the Medgate administrator security menu
- Compliant with requirements set forth by governing bodies such as HIPAA and Safe Harbour
- The Windows Azure cloud computing platform offers international data centers, thus assisting with EU and global data protection compliance
To learn more about why our SaaS solution may be right for you, download our whitepaper: “OH&S Data Management Systems: Buy or Build?”